Yet another post
These pages describes an outdated architecture for Gizur OM. These pages are kept for reference.
The architecture is built around three layers:
- A load balancer
- Application server cluster - running apache and PHP where scaling is performed by automatically launching and terminating new instances
- Database server cluster - a Master/Slave cluster running MySQL
These servers make up a server farm.
vTiger environments are created in the server farm. For each environment is a MySQL user and database created in the MySQL server. Each environment also has a separate vTiger installation on the application server cluster.
There is a set of vTiger environments used for development, test and production:
- Sandbox environment - used for “playing around”. This environment is “reset” when needed
- Development environment - used for development and unit testing of new functionality
- Test environment - used for system and acceptance testing
- Production environment - each client has a separate environment
It is possible to create temporary environments (vTiger installation + MySQL database) by copying an existing environment.
- [[Execution Architecture]]
- [[Operations Architecture]]
- [[Development Architecture]]
- [[Performance tuning]]